1. Puppies show love by wagging their tails. Considered a “distance decreasing signal,” a puppy tail wag often invites you to come closer and begs for attention.
2. Licking is another sign of puppy love. Slurping your hands and aiming a smooch at your eyes or mouth is a canine declaration that you are in tune with your puppy. This
3. Leaps are messages of love from puppies. Jumping up is an action with an aim to lick at your face—a proper doggy greeting.
4. Puppies love by rolling over. Showing the tummy puts puppies in a vulnerable position that declares trust and affection.
5. Shaking paws is another way puppies give love. Dogs often offer a paw before they roll over and they paw your leg to ask for attention.
6. Crawling into your lap is common with puppies as they crave contact with you. It is a sign of deep affection and trust, in addition to leaning against you or resting across your feet.
7. When puppies nap with you, they are showing great trust by falling asleep on your lap.
8. Believe it or not, puppies love by wetting the floor. This is different than urine marking. Even when pups understand potty training basics,
9. Puppies love by chewing your stuff. They target certain objects because they smell like their most beloved person—you.